Exit Exam Schedule
The Exit Exam will be held once, and the targeted students must take the Exam according to the schedule.
Exit Exam Schedule
Sunday 4/6/2023 corresponding to 15/11/1444
At 12 noon (period 2 Hrs)
For more information about your Exit Exam topics and to get an Exit Exam sample with sample answers, Please browse the department to which you belong.
What is Exit Exam
It is an exam to measure the learning outcomes acquired by the students who are expected to graduate of the program
Exit Exam Standards
- The student is allowed to take the exam more than once (1 or 2 phases)
- The test is a means of evaluating Program Learning Outcomes, hence it should include at least 75% of these outcomes
- The result of the test shall be approved only in the presence of at least 60% of the target student population.
- The test time should not be less than 120 minutes and not more than 180 minutes
- The test questions are to be in MCQ, with answer duration of each question 1 - 1.5 minute.
- The test date shall be announced at least one month in advance
Student Incentives to Take the Exam
- A reference in the graduation certificate that the student has sit to the Exit Exam.
- The top three students of each academic program, based on the EXIT EXAM results, are to be honored at College ceremony
- Locate the names of the first student in each exam on the college honors list and referring to that on the college website
What is Program Learning Outcomes
Since the college is an applied college that grants Associate and Intermediate Diploma degrees, and also the college applies international standards for academic programs (ABET), so the outcomes of the academic programs are similar and they are as follows:
|Code||Program Learning Outcome||Attribute 1||Atribute 2||Attribute 2|
|K1||ability to demonstrate a broad and coherent body of knowledge, with depth in the underlying principles and concepts in the discipline||interpret engineering codes, specifications, and standards||use knowledge of English language to recognize different engineering systems/components with definition and function||identify legislative requirements, industry standards, and best practices in a variety of workplaces|
|S1||an ability to apply knowledge, techniques, skills, and modern tools of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology to solve well-defined engineering problems appropriate to the discipline||use knowledge of English language and engineering technology to interpret engineering systems and processes||utilize modern instruments and tools in engineering technology applications||apply principles of engineering technology for troubleshooting, and functioning|
|S2||an ability to design solutions for well-defined technical problems and assist with the engineering design of systems, components, or processes appropriate to the discipline||calculate missing parameters of engineering systems and processes||apply rules and principles to define the performance of engineering systems and processes||apply common sense judgments to evaluate answers|
|S3||an ability to apply written, oral, and graphical communication in well-defined technical and non-technical environments; and an ability to identify and use appropriate technical literature||communicate both orally, graphically, and editorially, within engineering community and society at large||perform an oral presentation, with effective use of visual aids, using allotted time with demonstration of self-confident in answering questions||prepare written document, using appropriate media, with introduction, body, and conclusions|
|S4||an ability to conduct standard tests, measurements, and experiments and to analyze and interpret the results||perform standard tests and apply measuring tools to collect data||analyze collected data in meaningful way||identify appropriate and available sensors, instrumentation and/or software tools for measurements|
|C1||an ability to function effectively as a member of a technical team, a commitment to quality, timeliness, and continuous improvement||function in a multidisciplinary and diverse team||manage teamwork by integrating different skills and abilities of team members||outline a work plan with execution in timeliness and quality|
|C2||an ability to engage in self-directed continuing professional development||identify contemporary issues related to engineering technology in the discipline||access multiple sources of information, capture essential information, and distinguish it from extraneous data||integrate prior knowledge of engineering technology along with new knowledge in the profession for the sake of self-continuing professional development|
The target group of the Exit Exam
They are the students of the last level and those who are expected to graduate.
Goals of the Exit Exam
Jazan University aims to make the Exit Exam, in the future, one of the graduation certificate requisites to measure the learning outcomes acquired by the students who are expected to graduate of the program:
- Evaluation of the quality of learning outcomes of the academic program
- Enhance the level of JU graduates to meet the requirements of the labor market and achieve competitiveness in the quality of learning outcomes at the national, regional and international levels.
- Continuous Improvement and prepare proper plans to enhance both quality of teaching and learning.
- Assessing the extent to which the skills required for employment are achieved among the graduates, which are required by the labor market