The Quality Assurance and Accreditation Unit was established in December 2015. The unit operates as one of the independent units in the College of Applied Industrial Technology (CAIT) to implement the terms and conditions of the National Commission for Academic Accreditation and Assessment (NCAAA) as well as other international bodies.
The College of Applied Industrial Technology is committed to providing outstanding technical education after the secondary education in accordance with the highest national and international standards documented by quality certificates and academic accreditation. This commitment seeks to root the culture of quality improvement in the college through continuous improvement mechanisms. This aims to prepare well-qualified and motivated graduates who have the knowledge and applied technological skills that qualify them to meet the needs of the labor market required in Jazan Economic City as well as national development. Based on the values of the College of Applied Industrial Technology, all members of the College are required to contribute to providing a positive environment in terms of owning and accepting academic standards.
Establishing the culture of regular self-evaluation and continuous improvement in the environment of CAIT, as well as developing awareness among the academic community, administration and students
Create and activate a concrete quality assurance system in all the components of the educational system in CAIT and provide continuing assistance to various departments of the college to apply quality assurance standards in its academic programs in order to develop into regionally recognized educational college. Also qualifies CAIT for local and international accreditation.
This message is achieved through:
- Developed systems and processes to support the efficiency and effectiveness of assessment processes
- Monitor and evaluate teaching and learning processes to support continuous improvement and implementation of best practices
- Take the views and opinions of all interested parties, where appropriate and practicable
- Arbitration by an external quality assurance reviewer, as required by the NCAAA Handbook of Quality Assurance and Accreditation in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and, as applicable, to standards required by professional bodies and external accrediting agencies
- Monitor and measure benchmarking rates when required.
- Recognizing that the application of academic standards is everyone's responsibility
- The responsibility for interpreting and implementing the quality strategy is shared by all academic and administrative departments and service units through official approved committees.
الوصول إلى ضمان الجودة والاعتماد والمشاركة الفعالة في خدمات المجتمع لمواجهة تحديات التقدم السريع وكسب ثقة أصحاب المصلحة في مخرجات النظام التعليمي (الخريجين) بما يتوافق مع المعايير الوطنية والإقليمية والدولية.
Access quality assurance, accreditation and effective participation in the community services to meet the challenges of the swift progress and win the confidence of the stakeholders in the outputs of the educational system (alumni) in conformity with the national, regional and international standards
- Enhancement of the current curricula for academic programs.
- Development and implementation of an effective evaluation system for the students, the courses and educational programs, and approving self-evaluation as an input to the internal and external audit and application of quality assurance systems to attain accreditation.
- Introduction and establishment of the culture of regular self-evaluation, continuous improvement and total quality assurance via developing awareness among the academic community, administration and students at the college to attain accreditation.
- Achieve the confidence of the stakeholders in the Program Educational Objectives (PEOs) in the Alumni.
- Design and application of the appropriate model for performance evaluation which complies with the national, regional and international standards.
- Pragmatically diagnosing the constraints of performance development and proposing solutions and developing enhancement plans.
Activities of the Unit
- Holding seminars and awareness workshops for quality assurance and the Unit’s activities and objectives for faculties and administration personnel.
- Conducting a wide scope research to identify the systems and mechanisms for quality assurance and accreditation world-wide.
- Conducting training courses for staff members in the areas of course specification and report, teaching skills and modern teaching techniques.
- Preparing program specification and report for all department in BCC and create annual reports.
- Documentation and dissemination of the quality assurance and accreditation systems in BCC and establish its sustainability and enhancement.
Outcomes of the Unit
- Update and design the academic programs and courses in compliance with the national and international standards and specifications.
- Adjust the educational process to be an outcome based process, integrating the PEOs with the objectives of CAIT and Jazan University.
- Prepare program and course specifications with appropriate intended learning outcomes.
- Attain adequate information through program and course reports and college annual report, which allows taking decisions and making recommendations to enhance learning and increase the effectiveness of academic programs and faculty members.
- Prepare normative standards and indicators to determine the strengths and weaknesses.
- Establish quality assurance and academic accreditation system.
- Systemize the process of evaluating the learning outcomes of the academic programs allowing it to proceed according to specific steps and stages to ensure the accuracy of the sequence of actions.
- Ensure the involvement of all stakeholders in all stages of the educational process.
- Ensure the suitability and compatibility of the academic programs to the needs of beneficiaries, stakeholders and labor market and fulfilling their aspirations and expectations.
- Establish rules and structures for quality management.
|Spreadsheet to evaluate CLOs and their consequences to PLOs
برنامج تقييم مخرجات التعلم للمقرر والبرنامج
|Final Course results Notification
الإخطار النهائي لنتائج مقرر
|Assessment Plan of LOs
خطة تقييم مخرجات التعلم
|Field Experience Specification|
|Field Experience Report|
|In semester basis for every course. The survey is conducted through JU System|
Annually basis, it is conducted in the middle of the program for each student
|Annually basis, it is conducted at the end of the program for each student|
Annually basis, it is conducted at the end of every Academic Year for each faculty member in CAIT
Annually basis, it is conducted for College Alumni after at least one year of their graduation
Annually basis, it is conducted for Employers who have Alumni of CAIT, after at least one year of their employment