Admission Mechanism and Applicant's Profile
- To apply through JU web application form: https://www.jazanu.edu.sa/en/administration/deanships/deanship-admission-and-registration
- Upon filling and submitting the web application form and ticking the acceptance box, JU has the right to exclude all applications that do not meet the admission requirements and procedures.
- . To fill out all required fields in the web application form.
- . Male Students: The bachelor's degree programs will only appear if the applicant has a Qualifying and Grade Point Ration score of 70%, if not the web application form will show distance learning community college diploma options.
- Female Students:
- - The medical bachelor's degree programs will only appear if the applicant has a Qualifying score of 70% or more.
- - The science and humanities bachelor's degree programs will only appear if the applicant has a Qualifying and Grade Point Ration score of 60% or more, if not the web application form will show distance learning community college diploma options.
- Entry of all available preferred programs not exceeding (30) arranged in order of preference. (It is important to list selected programs in order of preference making the most desired programs number one and the least number 30).
- Non-Saudi applicants born to Saudi mothers should upload their birth certificates and their mother's national ID cards where indicated. Failure to provide these documents will result in automatic exclusion from the initial nomination process.
- The web application form will only display programs to which an applicant qualifies. For example, (in 2016-2017) Medicine only appeared for applicants who met the following conditions:
- - An applicant must be a graduate of the year 2016-2017.
- - The minimum high school average is 81% (for male applicants).
- - The minimum high school average is 80% (for female applicants).
- At the end of application time acceptance will be competitively decided on the basis of met conditions, priority applicant selected programs, and available seats.
- 1Applicants are required to refer to the university admission plan dates and regularly follow up on the status of their applications online and confirm their registration once accepted.
- Applicants must confirm their registration when prompted online. Failure to confirm the registration will result in their exclusion from the admission process.
- Applicants must show up at times announced for exams and interviews.
Required Score for Admission:
The Qualifying Score is calculated as follows:
30 % of high school score + 30 % of General Skills Test (Qiyas) score + 40 % of The Achievement Test (Tahsili) score.
The grade point rating score is calculated as follows:
40 % of high school score + 60 % of General Skills Test (National qualification test) (Qiyas) score.
Admission procedure, the levels system, postponement, withdrawal, dropping-out, readmission, Transfer to another University, internal transfer, visiting student and conditions, absence, student assessment, and colleges, etc
15 credit hours courses are university prerequisites. These courses serve as scientific and cultural preparation, and as the development of communication and computer skills for all university students.
24 credit hours courses are the college of Science prerequisites. These courses serve as scientific preparation for college students in science branches (Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology).