Department of English at University College Farasan celebrated October as Breast Cancer Awareness month to spread awareness about breast cancer among college students and faculty members.
About the department
The Department of English, University College, Farasan, was founded in (1429-1430 AH) / 2009. The department teaches all the three streams of English including Language, Literature and Linguistics courses for the graduate students. The English program has four years degree course with eight levels in it. The first batch of graduated students from this campus belonged to the year 1433 AH (2012).
Achieving excellence in learning outcomes, research and innovation in the humanities and literature locally and globally to contribute to community service
The English language program at Jazan University will be a pioneering program at the national level that promotes high-quality education, innovative research, and community service.
The English Language Program aspires to provide graduates with high-quality educational and research skills to master theoretical knowledge and practical skills in the fields of English language and literature to enable them to contribute to community service while meeting the requirements of the local labor market.
Citizenship: cherishing national identity and sensing social responsibility.
Affiliation: A sense of commitment and initiative towards the goals and objectives of the university.
Responsibility: Adherence to ethical standards and business values.
Excellence: application of standard practices and provision of quality services.
Building competences: Investing in Human Capital.
Teamwork: Devoting the principle of cooperation and work in the spirit of one team.
1. Qualifying students in the fields of English language and literature for professional employment.
2. Enhancing students' abilities to develop research skills through critical and analytical thinking in the areas of linguistics, English literature and literary theory.
3. Qualifying students to achieve a high level of proficiency in audio and written communication.
4. Qualifying students to participate in projects that help them serve the local community.
5. Facilitate independent learning to help students pursue graduate studies and careers.
Graduate Attributes :
- Effective writing and communication skills in English.
- Good knowledge of English language, linguistics and literature.
- Develop problem-solving, creative thinking and interpretation skills.
- Gain ethical and intellectual research skills.
- Digital awareness, tolerance and understanding of other cultures.
- Build time management skills, teamwork and personal abilities.
Cognitive life skills and natural strengthening of immunity against the Coronavirus at the University College of Farasan Under the auspices of the Dean represented in the Training Unit, the University College of Farasan implemented a workshop
That on Tuesday, 9/2/2021 CE, corresponding to 27/6/1442 AH, a workshop entitled (Using free applications and software assistance in e-learning) was activated. The topics of the workshop included the following: Explanation of Microsoft How to use
Farasan University College, represented by the Initiatives Unit, sponsored by the Dean of the College, and under the supervision of the Vice Dean for Academic Affairs, included a workshop entitled: Effective Communication Skills. The workshop was