Mohamed I. Hassan
I am currently working as Assistant Professor at the Department of Chemical Engineering, College of Engineering, Jazan University, Saudi Arabia. I obtained a Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering from Aston University in 2013. I hold a BSc degree in Chemical Engineering from the University of Nasser in Libya and an MSc degree in Chemical Process Technology from Aston University. I have more than 5 years of hands-on industrial experience in powder processing in pharmaceutical manufacturing plants. My current research interest is focused on Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) modeling and biomass thermal conversion in fluidized bed reactors.
- Ph.D., Chemical Engineering, Aston University, UK, (2009-2013).
- Master of Science, Chemical Engineering, Aston University, UK, (2008-2009).
- Bachelor of Science, Chemical Engineering, Nasser University, Libya, (1993-1999).
Jazan University, College of Engineering, Department of Chemical Engineering, KSA, Assistant professor, (2016-Now), Full Time
Amipharma Laboratories, Supervisor, (1999 - 2005), Full Time
Certifications or Professional Registrations
- Postgraduate Certificate of Professional Practice (PGCPP) in Higher Education, Aston University, UK, (2014-2015).
- Postgraduate Program in Learning and Teaching in Higher Education, Aston University, UK, (2013-2014).
Honors and Awards
- Received many research awards for ISI publications, Jazan University, KSA.
- Appreciation Letters from Department of Chemical Engineering, Jazan University, KSA.
Recent Publications and Presentations
1. "Uranium (VI) ions uptake from liquid wastes by Solanum incanum leaves: Biosorption, desorption and recovery", Omer Bakather, Nasser Zouli, Ahmed Abutaleb, Mohamed Mahmoud, A. Daher, Mohamed Hassan, Mubarak Eldoma, Saleh Alasweda and Adel Fowad, Alexandria Engineering Journal, (2020).
2. "A hydrodynamic model for biomass gasification in a circulating fluidized bed riser", Mohamed Hassan and Yassir Makkawi, Chemical Engineering and Processing-Process Intensification, (2018).
3. "Technical Evaluation of Upgrading a Simple Gas Turbine Fired by Diesel to a Combined Cycle Power Plant in KSA using Design II Software", Salman Obaidoon, Mohamed Hassan and Omer Bakather, 8 th International Conference on Chemical, Biological, Agricultural and Environmental Sciences (CBAES-18), (2018).
4. "Modeling and performance analysis of biomass fast pyrolysis in a solar-thermal reactor", Muktar Bashir, Xi Yu, Mohamed Hassan and Yassir Makkawi, ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering, (2017).