Mehraj uddin Naik
Dr. Mehraj-ud-din Naik
Mehraj-ud-din Naik is currently working as Assistant Professor at the Department of Chemical Engineering, College of Engineering, Jazan University, Saudi Arabia. He received his PhD in Chemical Engineering from Chonbuk National University, South Korea, in August 2009. Besides this, he worked as a postdoctoral research fellow at the Department of Chemical Engineering and Applied Chemistry, Chungnam National University South Korea from 2009-2011 and Department of Physics and Astronomy "Galileo Galilei/Dept. of Industrial Engineering, University of Padova, Italy, from 2011-2013. His research interests focus on chemical engineering, Energy Storage, CO2 Capture, catalysis, nanotechnology, nanomaterials, nanoparticles, Mathematical applications and Sensor materials. He has published more than 20 SCI research papers in the journals of international repute and serving as an editor and a reviewer to many SCI-indexed journals.
- PhD, Chemical Engineering, Chonbuk National University, South Korea, (2005-2009).
- Master of Science, Organic Chemistry, University of Pune, India, (2002-2004).
- Bachelor of Science, University of Kashmir, Srinagar, India, (1999-2002).
Jazan University, College of Engineering, Department of Chemical Engineering, KSA, Assistant professor, (2013 - Now), Full time.
- Department of Industrial Engineering and Department of Physics and Astronomy 'Galileo Galilei' University of Padova, Padova, Italy, (2011-2013)
- Department of Fine Chemicals and Applied Chemistry, Chungnam National University, Deajeon, South Korea, (2009-2011)
- Catalysis Division, National Chemical Laboratory (NCL), Pune, India, (01/2004-04.2004).
Certifications or Professional Registrations
- Course work on safety and precautionary measurements in chemical laboratories by the Korean Engineering and Consulting Association (KENCA) South Korea, (2008).
- Certificate course in drug designing through computer modeling of molecules from the Poona College of science, Pune, India, (2003).
Current Membership in Professional Organizations
Editorial Advisory Board Member: IGI Global group of publishers.
Editorial board member: Frontiers in nanotechnology
Honors and Awards
- Appreciation Letter from College of Engineering, Jazan University, (2020).
- Brain Korea 21 (BK21) research scholarship award, 2007.
- Outstanding Journal Abstract selected and published in Cheminfom.
- Received award from Jazan University, KSA for ISI publications.
Recent Publications and Presentations
- "Simple and facile preparation of tunable chitosan tubular nanocomposite microspheres for fast uranium (VI) removal from seawater". Mudasir Ahmad, Jianquan Ren, Yunfei Zhang, Hao Kou, Mehraj-ud-din Naik, Qiuyu Zhang, Baoliang Zhang. Chemical Engineering Journal (2021).
- "Modeling the Effects of the Contaminated Environments on COVID-19 Transmission in India" Parvaiz Ahmad Naik, Jian Zu, Muhammad Bilal Ghori, Mehraj-ud-din Naik. Results in Physics, (2021).
- “Global dynamics and bifurcation analysis of a fractional-order SEIR epidemic model with saturation incidence rate.” Parvaiz Ahmad Naik, Muhammad Bilal Ghori, Jian Zu, Zohre Eskandari, Mehraj-ud-din Naik, Mathematical Methods in the Applied Sciences, (2021)
- "Differential gradient evolution plus algorithm for constraint optimization problems: Ahybrid approach." Muhammad Farhan Tabassum, Sana Akram, Saadia Mahmood-ul-Hassan, Rabia Karim, Parvaiz Ahmad Naik, Muhammad Farman, Mehmet Yavuz, Mehraj-ud-din Naik, Hijaz Ahmad. An International Journal of Optimization and Control: Theories & Applications (IJOCTA), (2021).
- “Modeling the Transmission Dynamics of COVID-19 Pandemic in Caputo Type Fractional Derivative.” Parvaiz Ahmed Naik, Owolabi Kolade M., Zu Jian, Mehraj-ud-din Naik. Journal of Multiscale Modelling, (2021).
- “Preparation of amidoxime modified porous organic polymer flowers for selective uranium recovery from seawater." Mudasir Ahmad, Junjie Chen, Ke Yang, Tariq Shah, Qiuyu Zhang, Mehraj-ud-din Naik and Baoliang Zhang. Chemical Engineering Journal, (2021).
- “Stability analysis of a fractional-order cancer model with chaotic dynamics." Parvaiz Ahmad Naik, Jian Zu, and Mehraj-ud-din Naik. International Journal of Biomathematics, (2021).
- “Chemically Grafted Aminated Carbon Nanotubes and l-Lysine in Ultramodified Conditions for Carbon Dioxide Storage." Mehraj-ud-din Naik, Young-Seak Lee, and Ahsanulhaq Qurashi ACS Omega, (2018).
- “The hydrogen storage capacity of metal-containing polyacrylonitrile-based electrospun carbon nanofibers." Byong-Chol Bai, Jong-Gu Kim, Mehraj-Ud-Din Naik, Ji-Sun Im, and Young-Seak Lee. Carbon letters, (2011).
Current membership in professional organizations
- Member in Departmental Quality Committee.
- Member in Departmental Student Senior Project Committee.
- Reviewer in Journal of Inorganic & Organometallic Polymers & Materials (JOIP), (Springer).
- Reviewer in Applied Surface Science, (Elsevier).
- Reviewer in Carbohydrate Polymers, Springer, (Elsevier).
- Reviewer in Asian Journal of Applied Sciences, (Scientific Research).
- Reviewer in Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces, (Elsevier).