Dr. Ayman M Alneamy
- email: email@example.com
- phone: 017-3295000
- office: E1-65
- research accounts: Google Scholar, Research Gate, ORCID
Alneamy’s research covers a wide-band of macro and micro scales mathematical modeling techniques, fabrication processes and structural health monitoring tests devices. He is a specialist in the mechanical vibration, linear, nonlinear dynamics and control of micro electromechanical system (MEMS). Alneamy has used the modeling techniques to analyze and design different MEMS sensors and actuators including micro-mirrors for display application and micro-robotic systems as well as health monitoring systems. He has authored and co-authored several peer-reviewed journal and international conference papers. To download a full C.V, please click on the following link: Dr. Ayman Alneamy C.V.
- 2016-2020 Ph.D. Degree Systems Design Engineering University of Waterloo, Canada Thesis: Electrostatic Micro-Tweezers
- 2014–2016 Master Degree: Systems Design Engineering University of Waterloo, Canada Thesis: Combined Electrostatic/Electromagnetic MEMS Actuators
- 2008–2012 Bachelor Degree: Mechanical Engineering Department Jazan University, Saudi Arabia
- 2020-Current: Graduate Students advisor: collaboration with Sapienza University of Rome
- 2020-Now Jazan University, Saudi Arabia Assistant Professor Mechanical Engineering Department
- 2017-18 University of Waterloo, Canada Teaching Assistant Systems Design Engineering
- 2012-14 Jazan University, Saudi Arabia Research Assistant Mechanical Engineering Department
- Summer 2008: Saudi Aramco, trainee engineer, reliability and maintenance unit, Berri Gas Plant, Jubail, Saudi Arabia.
- 2016-2017: Saudi Students Association at Waterloo, Canada, member.
Current membership in professional organizations:
- Journal of Sound and Vibration, Elsevier
- Journal of Computational and Nonlinear Dynamics, ASME
- Journal of Sensors and Actuators A: Physical, Elsevier
- Review Instructions for Review of Scientific Instruments, AIP
- Microsystem Technologies, Springer
Honors and Awards:
- 2019 University of Waterloo, Canada Waterloo Institute for Nanotechnology Nanofellowship Winner
- Winter-2020 Saudi Arabian Cultural Bureau, Canada Excellence Research Award
- Winter-2019 Saudi Arabian Cultural Bureau, Canada Excellence Research Award
- Fall-2019 Saudi Arabian Cultural Bureau, Canada Excellence Research Award
- Winter-2018 Saudi Arabian Cultural Bureau, Canada Excellence Research Award
- Summer-2017Saudi Arabian Cultural Bureau, Canada Excellence Research Award
- 2016-20 Ministry of Higher Education, Saudi Arabia King Abdullah Scholarship Scholarship for Ph.D. Degree
- 2014-16 Ministry of Higher Education, Saudi Arabia King Abdullah Scholarship Scholarship for Master Degree
- 2012 Jazan University, Saudi Arabia Second Class Honors in the Mechanical Engineering Department
- EngM 373 – Mechanical Vibration (taught in summer 2021)
- EngM 474 – Automatic Control (taught in summer 2021)
- EngC 111 – Statics (taught in winter 2021)
- EngM 251 – Engineering Production and Workshops (taught in summer 2021)
- EngM 131 – Engineering Drawing (taught in Fall 2020)
- EngM 314 – Design of Machine Elements I (taught in Fall 2020)
- EngM 315 – Mechanical Measurements and Instrumentation (taught in Fall 2020)
- EngM 414 – Mechanical Measurements (taught in Fall 2020)
- EngM 516 – Design of Machining and Forming Machines (taught in Fall 2020)
* Only courses taught in the past 2 years are displayed.
Graduate Programs Supervised:
- Navid Heidari (MSc), Structural Engineering, Sapienza University of Rome, Italy, 2020. (Co-advisor with Prof. Walter Lacarbonara)
- Ayman M Alneamy, Eihab M Abdel-Rahman, Glenn R Heppler & Mahmoud E Khater. Electrostatic arch micro-tweezers. U.S. Provisional Patent. No: 62/895,493. 26 Sep. 2019.
Publications and Presentations:
- Alneamy, A. M., Heppler, G. R., Abdel-Rahman, E. M., & Khater, M. E. (September 2, 2020). ”On Design and Analysis of Electrostatic Arch Micro-Tweezers.” ASME. J. Vib. Acoust. (doi:https://doi.org/10.1115/1.4048298)
- Alneamy, A. M., Khater, M. E., Al-Ghamdi, M. S., Abdel-Aziz, A. K., Heppler, G. R., & Abdel-Rahman, E. M..”Large Oscillation of Electrostatically Actuated Curved Beams”. Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering 30, no. 9 (2020): 095005. (https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1361-6439/ab94d1/meta)
- Alneamy, A. M., Khater, M. E., Abdel-Aziz, A. K., Heppler, G. R., & Abdel-Rahman, E. M. (2020). Electrostatic arch micro-tweezers. International Journal of Non-Linear Mechanics, 118, 103298. (https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/ S0020746219301878)
- Alneamy, A., M. Al-Ghamdi, S. Park, M. Khater, E. Abdel-Rahman, and G. Heppler. ”Dimpled electrostatic MEMS actuators.” Journal of Applied Physics 125, no. 2 (2019): 024304. (https://aip.scitation.org/doi/abs/10.1063/1.5053597)
- Alneamy, A., M., M. E. Khater, M. S. Al-Ghamdi, S. Park, G. R. Heppler, and E. M. Abdel-Rahman. ”Dual actuation micro-mirrors.” Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering 28, no. 7 (2018): 075014. (https://iopscience.iop.org/article/ 10.1088/1361-6439/aaba3f/meta)
- Al-Ghamdi, Majed S., Ayman M Alneamy, Sangtak Park, Beichen Li, Mahmoud E. Khater, Eihab M. Abdel-Rahman, Glenn R. Heppler, and Mustafa Yavuz. ”Nonlinear Parameter Identification of a Resonant Electrostatic MEMS Actuator.” Sensors 17, no. 5 (2017): 1121. (https://www.mdpi.com/1424-8220/17/5/1121/htm)
- Al-Ghamdi, M. S., M. E. Khater, K. M. E. Stewart, Alneamy, A., E. M. Abdel-Rahman, and A. Penlidis. ”Dynamic bifurcation MEMS gas sensors.” Journal of Micromechanics and Microengineering 29, no. 1 (2018): 015005. (https://iopscience.iop. org/article/10.1088/1361-6439/aaedf9/meta)
- Ayman M Alneamy, Eihab M Abdel-Rahman & Glenn R Heppler. Reduced Order Model of Electrostatic Micro-Tweezers. European Nonlinear Dynamics Conference, Lyon, France, July 5-10, 2020, pp. 305967. (Postpone to July 2021)
- Ayman Alneamy, Eihab Abdel-Rahman, Glenn Heppler, Ahmed Abdel Aziz, and Mahmoud Khater“ Chaos in Electrostatically Actuated Arch Beams,” International Nonlinear Dynamics Conference, Rome, Italy, February 2019, p.312
- Ayman Alneamy, Mahmoud Khater, Ahmed Abdel Aziz, Glenn Heppler, Eihab Abdel- Rahman, “ Electrostatic Arch Micro-Tweezers,” Euromech 603: Dynamics of Micro and Nano Electromechanical Systems, Porto, Portugal, September 2018, pp.88-91. H. Nafissi, A. M. Alneamy, E. M. Abdel-Rahman, and R. Mansour, “Toward Electrostatic Atomic Force Microscopy,” Euromech 603: Dynamics of Micro and Nano Electromechanical Systems, Porto, Portugal, September 2018, pp. 124–128.
- Ayman Alneamy, Mahmoud Khater, Sangtak Park, Eihab Abdel-Rahman, & Glenn Heppler. Electrostatic versus Electromagnetic Micromirrors Actuation. International Congress of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics, Montreal, August (21-26) 2016, paper # 130082.
- AM Alneamy, MS Al-Ghamdi, M Khater, B Li, RS Almikhlafi, S Park, EM Abdel- Rahman, GR Heppler. On the Dynamics of Dimpled Electrostatic MEMS Actuators. European Nonlinear Dynamics Conference, Budapest, Hungary, June 25-30, 2017, paper # 399.
- MS Alghamdi, AM Alneamy, M. Khater, and E. M. Abdel-Rahman, “Low-Frequency Tapping in Electrostatic MEMS Actuators,” invited, Conference on Theory and Modern Applications of Non- linear Dynamics: In Memory of Professor Ali H. Nayfeh, Abu Dhabi, January 28-29, 2018.
- MS Alghamdi, M. Khater, AM Alneamy, and E. M. Abdel-Rahman, “Sensitivity Analysis of Cantilever-Based Bifurcation MEMS Sensors,” Conference on Structural Nonlinear Dynamics and Diagnosis: In memoriam: Ali H. Nayfeh, University Distinguished Professor Emeritus of nonlinear dynamics (1933-2017), Tangier, June 25-27, 2018.
- MS Al-Ghamdi, M Khater, KME Stewart, A Alneamy, R Almikhlafi, S Park, EM Abdel- Rahman, A Penlidis. Demonstration of Electrostatic MEMS Bifurcation Sensors. European Nonlinear Dynamics Conference, Budapest, Hungary, June 25-30, 2017, paper # 378.
- Department of Mechanical Engineering website designer and developer.
- 2020-Current: Education and E-Learning Committee (Chair)
- 2020-Current: Senior Projects Committee (Member)
- 2020-Current: Mechanical Engineering Dept. Lab Committee (Member)
- 2020-Current: Academic Advising Committee (Member) 2019-current
- 2020-Current: Mechanical Engineering Dept. Scientific Committee (Member)
- 2020-Current: Scientific Research and Innovation Committee (Member)
- 2020-Current: Graduate Studies Committee (Member)