Vice Deanship for Development
Dr. Abdul Lateef Hassan Bashiri
College Vice Dean for Development
The College of Engineering works to provide advanced educational programs characterized by high quality, and is concerned with the future variables facing engineers to help them become highly qualified graduates, that are able to compete locally and internationally. The college seeks to enhance professional practices in the various fields of engineering and to secure the needs of society through creativity and knowledge innovation and the transfer of engineering knowledge to the younger generations through education, scientific research and partnership with industrial institutions and government agencies. In addition to providing studies and technical and engineering advisory services with high efficiency that achieves beneficiaries' satisfaction and contributes to community service and sustainable development. To achieve the college's goals and make them a tangible reality, the college seeks to raise the efficiency of its employees through continuous training, integrating a culture of quality and continuous improvement in the educational and research process. Develop systems that allow effective communication with its graduates, and work on building an administrative team with effective leadership that ensures the implementation of the quality management system in accordance with ISO 9001:2008. The college is keen on administrative follow-up and periodic review of quality objectives to ensure the continuity of development of the effectiveness of the quality management system.
Tasks of the Vice Dean for Development and Quality:
- Spreading the concept of quality and its culture and supervising its application at the college level
- Preparing the college's strategic plan and following up on the implementation of its executive projects.
- Planning to obtain and maintain institutional and academic accreditation.
- Supervising programs to raise awareness of the scientific departments with the requirements of institutional and academic academics.
- Follow up on the evaluation and continuous development of the academic programs in the college.
- Encouraging college employees to participate in the development programs at the Deanship of Skills Development at the university.
- Follow up on the development and implementation of the internal training and development program plan for the faculty’s employees.
- Supervising the preparation of the college's annual report and distributing it to the competent authorities after approval by the Dean.
- Follow up the development of educational facilities in the college.
- Supervising the development of the college's website.
- Implementation of awards and incentives activities for outstanding performance in the educational and research field.
- Supervising and following up the development of cultural cooperation agreements with local and international educational and research institutions.
- Follow up on the development and implementation of joint and twinning study program agreements with other universities.
- Supervising the establishment of specialized engineering courses for employees of the public and private sectors.
- Encouraging the establishment of research chairs and centers of excellence.
- Executing other tasks assigned by the Dean of the College.
Affiliated Committees of the Vice Deanship
|Occupational Safety Committee
|Development Projects Committee