Word from the Head of Physical Education Department
The Department of Physical Education is one of the academic departments in the College of Education, which is keen to provide an educational and research environment for its students at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels that encourages innovation and creativity in accordance with international quality standards for academic and professional programs. Students, refine their talents and enhance learning outcomes, in order to keep pace with the rapid changes taking place in the international community, and to meet the labor market’s needs for distinguished students capable of taking responsibility in the sports sector in line with the Vision 2030 of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Dr. Muhammad bin Ali Al Jahani
Providing a flexible educational climate that helps the student’s creativity in the various sports fields to ensure a graduate who is able to compete in the scientific field and meet the needs of the labor market with an emphasis on excellence in scientific research and the provision of scientific and applied advice and service to contribute to community service.
• Addressing problems related to preparing a physical education teacher and teaching plans in schools at all levels and the obstacles related to them.
• Disclosure of distinguished and talented athletes through observation and holding sports competitions.
• Guiding students to extract the potential from their abilities and energies and direct them for the good of man and society.
• Elimination of negative legacies towards physical education, the improvement of the physical and the functional aspect, and the development of sports awareness among students, workers in the field of physical education and others interested in this field through exhibitions, educational lectures, seminars, workshops, and holding sports courses in various disciplines.
• Contribute to solving the problems that the internal community faces (within the university walls)
• Establishing student sports activities related to physical fitness to contribute to the students ’belonging to their university and society.
* Re-use and formulate the heritage of sports culture in creating a physically and socially conscious, educated generation through the Sports for All project.