The English Language Program at Jazan University will be a nationally leading program that promotes high quality education, innovative research and community service.
Program Mission (B.A. in English Language):
The English Language Program aspires to provide graduates with quality education and research skills to master theoretical knowledge and practical skills in fields of English Language and Literature to enable them contribute to community service whilst fulfilling the demands of local labor market.
Program Graduate Attributes (B.A. in English Language):
- Communication skills: Effective written and communicative skills in English.
- Deep discipline knowledge: Acquire good knowledge of English language, linguistics and literature.
- Creative and critical thinking: Develop good problem solving, creative thinking and interpretive skills.
- Gain ethical and intellectual research skills.
- Digital awareness, tolerance and understanding of other cultures: Learn to accept and cooperate with different cultures.
- Build time management skills, team work, interpersonal abilities and information and technology skills.
Program Goals (B.A. in English Language):
- Qualify students in the fields of English Language and literature for professional employment.
- Enhance students' abilities to develop research skills through critical and analytical thinking in the fields of Linguistics, English Literature and Literary theory.
- Qualify students to achieve a high level of competence in both aural and written communication.
- Involve students to participate in projects that help them serve the local community.
- Facilitate autonomous learning to help students pursue graduate studies and careers.