The Intellectual Awareness Unit is the competent authority in the field of intellectual awareness at Jazan University. The objective is to achieve intellectual security and to reject extremism and partisanship, and it has tasks in particular:
- Implementation of policies and strategic plans for intellectual awareness of the university.
- Holding conferences, symposia and meetings related to the field of intellectual awareness in accordance with the regulations.
- Conducting research and studies in the field of intellectual awareness.
- Follow up the implementation of agreements and partnership contracts related to the field of intellectual awareness.
- Preparing the annual executive plan for programs, events and activities in the field of intellectual awareness at the university in the light of the unit's vision and mission, in order to achieve its objectives.
- Suggesting the estimated budget for the implementation of intellectual awareness programs and activities at the university.
- Suggesting human and material needs to implement intellectual awareness programs and activities.
- Nomination of speakers and lecturers in intellectual awareness programs and events at the university.
- Nominating work teams and sub-committees for intellectual awareness programs at the university.
- Follow up the implementation of intellectual awareness programs, events and activities at the university.
- Communicate with all university departments and colleges to follow up on the unit's work.
- Follow-up documentation of intellectual awareness programs, events and activities at the university.
- Follow up and monitor the intellectual trends of the university's employees through social media, analyze it and recommend the appropriate one.
- Representing the university in meetings, events, conferences and exhibitions related to the subject of intellectual awareness.
- Approving the internal rules regulating the workflow of the unit and defining its terms of reference in a way that does not conflict with the regulations of the university.
- Preparing mechanisms for measuring impact after implementing programs and following up on their implementation.
- Preparing periodic reports on the unit's work.
- The duties assigned by the University President to the Unit.