Ali Saied Al Shahrany
Dr. Ali S Alshahrany
- email: email@example.com
- phone: 017-3295000
- office: E1-47
Bachelor Since, Mechanical Engineering, Weber state University, 1985
Master, Mech. Eng. ( Energy & Combustion), Leeds University, 1998
PhD, Mech. Eng. ( Energy & Combustion), Leeds University, 2004
- Vice Dean of the engineering college for Development (4 yrs.2015 – 2019)
- Chairman of mechanical engineering department (for 4 yrs.2013 -2017)
- Supervisor of the laboratory at the faculty of engineering
- Chairman of the academic coordination unit , faculty of engineering
- Chairman of the committee for preparation of tenders for engineering college And the head of committee for study and analysis of quotations
- Member of the standing committee of the scholarship and training at the university of Jazan
- Member of the polarization specialists from doctors and lecturers to teach at the faculty of engineering
- Member of the committee of innovation and excellence at the College
- Member of self-study (institutional )for Jazan University (NCAAA) -coordinator of standard 7 (Facilities and Equipment)
- Supervisor of the unit of academic advising at the faculty of engineering (full time ) –)
- Scientific committee coordinator for Mech. Eng. Dept. (November, 2020 – up to now)
- Currently Associate Prof. Mech. Eng. Dept. (Energy& Combustion)
Non-academic experience – ( 1986 -2013) I have served at Ministry of Interior (Coast Guard), as an Engineer Supervising maintenance operations and safety. Then worked as Director of Maintenance Department and supervising Engineer For Tenders & Specifications establishments, Logistics and supplies. ( full time). Also during that duration of time, I had the chance to give the following teaching contribution at different institutions:
- Lecturer at Al Faisal International Academy (KSA)
- Lecturer at Prince Nife Arabian University (KSA)
- Lecturer at Sama Al Ebdaa Training Center (KSA)
- Lecturer at Civil Defense ( Chemistry of Fire) (KSA)
Current membership in professional organizations:
- Certifications or professional registrations: Member of Saudi Engineers Association; Membership No. ( 11280 )
Current membership in professional organizations: Member of: Union of Experts for Engineering Consulting and Training – Institute of Research and Consulting Jazan University [UECTFEM], Membership No. ( 77219 )
Honors and Awards:
Mastering Carpaccio ( from: Royal highness prince Naïf bin Abdul Aziz)
Innovation Carpaccio ( from: Royal highness prince Naïf bin Abdul Aziz)
Distinctive Research Shield ( from: His highness the minister of state of Kuwait , Sheikh Mohammed Al-Sabah) – Third international conference of safety – Kuwait 2014
Publications and Presentations:
Environmental impacts on risks increase of petroleum fires and its influences on autoignition, burning velocity and flame behavior, kwait , jumeirah messilah hotel (2014).
Petroleum fires from scientific prospective: effects of elevated pressure and temperature on risks increase and its influences on auto-ignition, burning velocity and flame dynamic motion. journal of jazan university, applied sciences branch (2015).
Development and validation of multibody model of wind energy system , hillton hote, taxas (huston) – usa (2015)
Study and control of unsteady flow in the turbocharger of diesel engines. salerno, italy,wseas press, (2015).
Influence of ignition delay on the performance of the diesel engines,wseas press, (2015).
Dynamic modeling and experimental validation of small-size wind turbine using flexible multibody approach. spriger, (2016)
Effects of combustion instabilities on burning velocities enhancement in premixed flames. (2017).
Effectiveness of using mixed coordinates in modeling wind turbines. Pittsburgh, PA, USA, (2018)
Investigation of Combustion Characteristics of Premixed Propane/Air Flam. World Journal of Engineering and Technology, 2019
Influence of Water or Steam inoculation on the Performance of Internal Combustion Engines, Aljouf University Science and Engineering Journal ( AUSEJ), 2019
- Recent professional development activities
- Member of : Union of Experts for Engineering Consulting and Training – Institute of Research and Consulting, Jazan University [UECTFEM], Membership No. ( 77219 ).