Based on the approval of His Excellency the Minister of Education for the minutes of the Fifth University Council for the academic year 1440/1439 AH, held on 12/08/1440 AH corresponding to 17/04/2019 AD, which includes the request for the approval of the Honorable University Council on the request to reconstitute the Council of the Deanship of Graduate Studies for a period of two years from the date of 08/1440 15 H. After the discussion, the Council took the following decision: Resolution No. (19) Approval of reconfiguring the Council of the Deanship of Graduate Studies for a period of two years from the date of 08/15/1440 AH as follows:
Members of the Deanship Council
|Dean, Deanship of Postgraduate Studies||Deanship of Postgraduate Studies||Head of Council|
|Vice Dean of Postgraduate Studies||Deanship of Postgraduate Studies||Member|
|Prof. Dr. Qasim Bin Ayel AlHarbi||College of Education||Member|
|Dean, Deanship of Scientific Research||Deanship of Scientific Research||Member|
|Dr. Ibrahim Bin Ali Rodainy||College of Science||Member|
|Dr. Ibtisam Ali Mohammad Masmali||Dean, University College Abu Arish||Member|
|Dr. Ahmad Bin Yahya Faqihi||Dean, Deanship of Admission and Registration||Member|
|Dr. Mohammad Bin Hamoud Habibi||College of Arts and Humanities||Member|
|Dr. Mohammad bin Abdo Awaf Hammadi||College of Sharia and Law||Member|
|Dr. Ibrahim Mata'an Ibrahim Masaadi||College of Medicine||Member|
|Dr. Ahmad Bin AbdulRahman Buraq||College of Pharmacy||Member|
|Mr. Ahmad Bin Hassan Matahri||Deanship of Postgraduate Studies||Secretary|
Tasks of the Council:
- Policy proposal for higher studies, if modified perform coordination in all colleges and institutes of the university and the follow-up implementation after approval.
- Propose internal regulations in coordination with academic departments regarding the organization of postgraduate studies.
- Drafting the proposal for acceptance for higher studies, implementation and supervision.
- Recommendation of leave programs developed after consideration and coordination between existing programs.
- Recommend approval of the graduate courses and those that need to undergo modification.
- Recommending titles of graduate degrees in Arabic and English following up on the decision taken by college boards.
- Recommendation to grant degrees.
- To decide on all matters relating to student’s postgraduate programs at the university.
- To approve the formation of committees to oversee and discuss Theses.
- Put the general framework of the research plan and the rules governing how to write a scientific thesis, print and take it out and submit forms and reports to the committee for discussion and final approval.
- Evaluating the graduate programs at the University on a regular basis by committees or specialized bodies from within or from outside the university.
- The study of periodic reports submitted by academic departments in the University.
- Communication and conveying of suggestions and decisions to the University Council, the President, or the Directors for their feedback and suggestions.